School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos at Kelvin Hall and setting the appropriate tone. In common with most schools in England, we have a school uniform and rules on appearance that we ask all students to follow.
We believe that the wearing of a uniform is very important as it…
- Instils pride
- Supports positive behaviour and discipline
- Encourages school ethos and identity
- Ensures all students are included and feel welcome
- Protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way
- Promotes good relations
Above all, we believe that school uniform indicates a student’s readiness for work and therefore supports effective teaching and learning.
Official school uniform items are available from our authorised school uniform suppliers
APC Clothing Ltd, Unit 6a Guardian Park, Station Road Industrial Estate, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire LS24 9SG Tel: 01937 833449 Email: email@example.com www.school-uniforms.co.uk
and Rawcliffes Schoolwear, 9 Paragon Street, Hull, HU1 3RJ Tel: (01482) 223539 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.rawcliffes.co.uk
Usually in stock at school - sweatshirts, polo shirts and PE kit
Our uniform is...
- students in all year groups must wear a polo shirt with the Kelvin logo.
- students in Year 7 and Year 8 must wear the school sweatshirt with the Kelvin logo. Students in Year 9, 10 and 11 can wear a ‘V’ neck jumper or cardigan instead of the sweatshirt - these must also be the standard school versions with the Kelvin logo.
Trousers or skirt
- all students must wear plain black trousers or a skirt. Tight, short, flared or other inappropriate skirts, as well as leggings or jeans, are not allowed. Skirts and trousers must be plain, without decorations or accessories.
- all students must wear plain black shoes, without logos or markings. Trainers and boots are not acceptable. Girls’ shoes must be either flat or with a sensible low heel. High heels are not allowed in school.
All students must wear plain black shorts and a school PE top – either a polo shirt or a T-shirt as well as a pair of trainers to change into. Trainers must not be worn to any other lessons.
Additional extras such as a micro-fleece, rain jacket and jogging bottoms are available from the school’s uniform providers but are not essential.
Uniform is available primarily through the school’s website where there is a link to APC Clothing, the school’s supplier. APC attend Induction Evening and visit the school each term so that uniform can be checked for size and ordered. APC can be contacted on (01937) 833449.
The school has worked to ensure that all items of uniform are as affordable as possible. Parents who have difficulty affording the uniform can call the school and talk to the Year Leader; wherever possible we will try to help by providing grants towards the cost.
Please note… some shops sell items in their school ranges that do not meet our uniform requirements and will not be acceptable in school. If you are unsure about suitable styles of uniform, please call your child’s Year Leader who will be happy to clarify what is acceptable.
One ring, one pair of stud earrings and one bracelet are allowed. No other facial piercing of any sort is allowed under any circumstances.
Hair Styles and Make-Up
We allow sensible make-up and accept a wide range of hair-styles. All we ask is that a student’s hair and make-up choices are reasonable in a school setting.
We do try to be as tolerant as we can be, yet we must have the final decision as to whether hair or make-up is reasonable for school and we do ask for parents and carers to support the school with this.
How to Buy Uniform
Please quote reference: khfreepost at the checkout when you order online, ensuring that the student’s name and Year Group are entered in the delivery options section when completing the form.
Students can collect a guidance leaflet and order form in school from Student Services.
Any returns can be made free of charge by bringing incorrect items to Reception.
Download An Order Form
Paper copies of our order form are available Buy Uniform Now