School governors are a mixture of staff members, parents, council officers and representatives from the local community. Governors are responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, the raising of standards, and for monitoring progress.
The current governors are:
- Richard Jevons, Chair of Governors
- Humphrey Forest, Community Governor
- Sarah Smythe, Staff Governor
- Judy Thompson, Staff Governor
- Matthew Thomas, Staff Governor
- Caroline Dawes, Staff Governor
- Jackie Lukes, Community Governor
- Jay Trivedy, Community Governor
- Andy Dorton, Local Authority Governor
- Julie Streets-Wray, Parent Governor
- John Medcalf, Parent Governor
- Maggie McVeigh, Parent Governor
- Iain Morton, Parent Governor
- Jane Stafford, Parent Governor
- Karen Garrod, Parent Governor
- Tracy Higginbottom, Parent Governor
- Claire Wood, Trust Governor
- David Beilston, Clerk
The school’s governors sit on the following committees:
- Curriculum and Standards Committee
- Finance, Personnel and General Purposes Committee
- Pupil Care, Guidance and Support Committee
Find out which governors sit on which committee here
View the full list of governors’ meetings for the 2012/2013 school year.
There are currently two vacancies for new school governors. There are for: one community governor and one foundation governor.
To find out about the role of the school’s governors, or to apply, please call Helen Cockburn, PA to the headteacher, on (01482) 342229.